Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy National Bundt Day! Enjoy some Lithuanian Coffee Cake to Celebrate

Happy National Bundt Cake Day to you and yours!


I am a big fan of Mary and her blog, The Food Librarian. This month, she baked a different bundt every single day for 30 days, ending today, November 15th, which is National Bundt Cake Day. I am tired just reading the entries, and wish I lived closer to her so I could snack on all the leftovers.

I made a Lithuanian Coffee Cake, made famous at a local vegetarian eatery called Claire's Corner Copia. This is a traditional coffee cake made with cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, and ground coffee. The moisture comes from low-fat sour cream and it has a nice, tight crumb. I made two 6 inch bundts to facilitate easier sharing and sprinkled it with powdered sugar instead of the buttercream frosting that the recipe calls for. Here is the recipe if you want to try it yourself. If you decide to celebrate along with me and make a bundt, submit the information to Mary here and she will send you a super cool pin commemorating the occasion.

If you want to read the story behind the Lithuanian Coffee Cake, check it out here.

Happy Bundt Making to all! I am already excited for Bundt Month in 2012!!!!